Monday, May 16, 2011

Redakai Ready to Take the World by Storm




Back around Toy Fair 2011 time (February, for those unfamiliar with Toy Fair) Spinmaster LTD caught my attention with their Redakai property.

Redakai, which launches this summer, is a new CCG, an action figure line and an upcoming animated series that will run on Cartoon Network. It's an all-out, multi-pronged attack.

The game is broken down into a basic game, and an advanced game. One of the things that really appeals to me about the game is that it looks, at least as far as the basic game goes, like something I might be able to play with my six-year old daughter. And, if I truly like the game, I can hopefully find other players and go with the advanced rules for something a bit more challenging.

The cards use a new 3D lenticular process that really makes the art stand out. Some of the cards are transparent, as players stack cards as part of the game mechanics.

While the game launches on June 4th (in hobby shops; mass market follows about a month later), the Redakai website is up and running complete with game play instructions and message boards, with much more to come. There's also a series of videos on YouTube from Toby, the games Community Manager that can be found here.

I'm keeping an eye on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment